ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

3.19.2006

You know I'm here for the PARTY!

The waiting is over and the secret is finally out. Months of planning, hours of prep work, and much money spent on backpain relief have finally come to a wonderful end!

For those of you who may be "out of the loop," this past weekend was my sister Elizabeth's (though some of you know her as 'FWIZ') bridal shower! Somehow, we got her from Florida to here and STILL managed to pull off a surprise! I think she really was in shock...or at least the tears and trademark screeching told me she was!

She flew in on Thursday with her mother in-law "to be," Arlene, and her brother in-law "to be" Anthony, under the guise of addressing wedding invitations. She also thought that Saturday we were having our annual traditional Saint Patrick's Day get together with my dad's side of the family. This tidbit made it very easy to have all the food in the house and also allowed for her to help prepare it...not that she did as she was "too cold." Darn this frigid New England weather! At any rate, my mother and Arlene took her to go shopping for their dresses for the wedding, and when she came back she was surprised to see so many people parked in front of the house. When she came in, she was still all confused but finally got the gist.

I had a wonderful day, and I really have to thank my cousin Julie for coming the day before and shopping with me for HOURS and then staying up prepping (yeah, we might have done some chatting too!) until 3:30 am and then being up at 8 to get things going before everyone arrived. She was amazing and did most of the decorating, she made it more perfect than I even envisioned it!! Also, mad props must be given to Miss Maggie who helped with food (Julie was still kicking in by the way!!) and kept people company during the event in that amazing way that only Maggie can!! I really appreciate both of their help...I could not have done it without them. Sadly, Julie had to leave to get back to her dog and couldn't stay for another late night chat fest. Maggie stayed the night-and could chat...but she didn't have "the ability!" Maggie also gets huge huge huge thanks for not only coming to help out the way she did...but having to deal with the State Troopers of both New Hampshire and Massachusetts on the way home!!!!!!


I will have pictures...but we have company and I can't get in the computer room to post them just yet.

4 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger JoviFan said...

You did a great job putting the party together, Reesie! Kudos. Now you can relax!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

Sounds fantastic! I saw the invitation and was quite impressed. Congratulations for pulling it off.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Reesie,
I put a random picture of a shower invite in my latest blog. Juanita thinks it was the real thing. Cute!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

I am so amazed still at the shower!I had no clue and it was totally awesome. Maureen is such a great sister. Thanks to all for helping her out and thanks to all of you for traveling to see me and celebrate my special day. I love you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home