ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

3.03.2006

I've been a rotten blogger...



Remember back in the day, when I'd blog every day...and people would enjoy it...and not send me hate mail for not blogging every day? Good times.

I do apologize wholeheartedly to my adoring "blog public!" There has been a LOT going on at work and such, and I haven't been getting home until late. Between that and my back issues...I haven't been in the "blogging" spirit!! Unthinkable, I know...but true.

This week has been very crazy...it started out at work all wrong and has progressively sucked since. Tuesday was perhaps the most hellish day because first we found a bag of suspect "herbal type" something or other on the floor in my store. Thankfully my in depth training from Residence Life sent up a red flag and I immediately contacted security to come and get it. I'm absolutely in no way keeping it so that it becomes a liability for me or my job later on! Then someone got in a car accident on the road of the college, rumors have it one of the students was driving a bit erratically and smashed into a telephone pole...thus destroying his/her car and taking out all of the power on campus (or at least in our building). We waited over an hour, and I finally made "the call" to close a half hour early. And by "the call" I mean I had to call eleventyhundred different people from my very expensive ridiculous cell phone to tell them so. As I finally got through holding with the alarm company...wonder of all wonders...the power was restored. Good Lord. So I then proceeded to call everyone and their mother again to tell them the store was up and running. Hallelujah!! That was a joy...and a half. Ho hum.

Believe it or not, and this may shock you, I really didn't even get into Gilmore Girls this week!! I know...I was on the phone with Maggie (who, even you have to admit is more important than the GG) and it just didn't seem important!! Crazy...I know...and with all the new stuff happening!! I watched it again Wednesday and found the Gilmore groove a little easier this time. SO much happened, and if I'm SPOILING any of this for you (that's a warning that I'm about to SPOIL some things!) I can't help it because some things must be said!!

a) PLEASE let it be for real that Rory has dumped Logan. HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!
I don't care if "they were on a break" he eats...and I hate him a big whole lot!!

b) I can't believe that Zack proposed to Lane!! I further cannot believe that he did it in Luke's Diner with Babette only inches away. I still yet further cannot believe that Luke let Lane continue to work and didn't turn back into "real Luke before the kid came along and turned him into a jerk who ignores Lorelai" Luke and go running off to Lorelai to put the wedding back on!!

c) I'm very happy that Paris is back to being Paris. I hated the crazed weirdo one...and Doyle really creeped me out this episode so I'm hoping that he's gone for good. She never should have dumped the hottie from Princeton for the old geezer professor...but she's back at the crafts table so at least she's working out her aggressions creatively.

d) I just realized that Christopher's daughter "Gigi" has to be short for Gilmore Girls...funny:)

e) I think Rory's hair might actually be a wig.

f) Kirk on the juice fast was pretty funny...especially since he weighs about the same as a cup of juice.

So that's pretty much all I have for the Gilmore commentary of the week. Next week is a repeat...not necessary!!

I wanted to watch ER last night, but some drama of our very own erupted in the Tarpey household and thus I had to forgo it for the night. I did remember to DVR it...thankfully because I knew my precious Dr. Carter was back for a guest appearance:) He's lovely. At any rate, I did NOT remember to a) DVR it or b) even watch American Idol. Therefore I did NOT get to see the final boot off moments for Brenna...my absolute LEAST favorite contestant. I'm pretty sure it was karma for rude "Clay" comments I texted the night before to [Theodore, Mrs.]...so I guess that's my punishment. I would have really enjoyed seeing her go...she sucked. Thankfully, two other people got the boot who really deserved to go as well...Sway (rhymes with Clay...what???!! Haha!!), and the annoying weirdo crooner kid. Michael Buble...he was NOT. I felt bad for the other girl who got sent home, but she really did "pick the wrong song." I'm looking forward to next week to see if the judges start the kindergarten fights again...loved it when Simon told Paula to cut the crap!! I'm beginning to think she really IS having feelings for him...though he's a bit old for her usual tendencies:)

If you didn't do your App-REESE-tice questions yet for next week's "Donald Trump Show", do them ASAP!! Nancy and/or Lauren pointed out that the earlier you put in your guesses, the better chance of getting a better bonus!! If you haven't signed up to participate in the joy that is the App-REESE-tice...get on the wagon...we've converted many nay-sayers...this show is priceless (which is good cuz I'm poor!!!)!!

Happy Trails to Linda who's off to Cancun this weekend...you lucky miserable rotten sum um a beeeotch!! Don't get burned...and bring me back something Cancunian;)

Have a swell weekend...you may all just hear from me again before it ends...Oscars are Sunday...that should be a good'n!!

8 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I Nominate Brokeback Reesie for an Oscar! Seriously, Reesie, I hope your back is on the mend and not giving you further problems!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

OMG! I finally figured out how to answer those Apprentice questions! Maybe there IS hope for my team. Sorry about your week, but you appear to have made the best of it. And Dr. Carter...MMMMM--MMMMMMMMM! He is HOT, even though he's starting to lose his hair a teeny-tiny bit. I would have watched ER if I'd known he was coming back. If they could get my man George Clooney to come back, that show would be Number One again and forever.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Can readers put things on the "We're in a Fight Shitlist?" I'd like to nominate the "Spelling Bee" quiz category. I speak 2.5 languages, including my native English, and I don't have one ounce of shame in admitting that I am functinoally illiterate in all of them!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

It might be hard to bring the "Revenge of the Nerds" guy back to ER as his character's death played prominently in one of the seasons. Carter is losing a little bit of hair, but he handles it in a dignified manner by keeping it cut very short. He is a cutie pie.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

Ah, Jovi, how right you are. Any guy losing his hair should be as dignified about it as our man, Dr. Carter.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Sorry you had to miss Gilmore Girls to listen to me cry... you are a good friend for that. Would you have done it if you didn't have it on DVR? I think so.... but don't worry, I have no intention of of testing that theory.

Love you!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

Soo glad they booted Brenna on Idol .. oh so tired of her being "full of herself"
Hey, I got to go on the set on ER in Burbank a few years back .. it was waaaay too cool! , they were filming and Dr. Carter came over and chatted with us during his scenes. Super nice guy!! Oh yes, he's cute ... got to watch him play basketball outside the set too! He can move !

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Mo said...

WHOOOOOOOO??? Oh, Dr. Greene on ER?? Lauren-he died years ago...they did it all classy and he dropped dead in his bed in Hawaii while the Hawaiian version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played...very uplifting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home