ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

2.11.2006

Gilmores 'n Gats...

In a small town known as Stars Hollow, Lorelai Gilmore is crying. And believe it or not...Rory is not to blame...not even Luke. I know, you think that Emily or Richard are to blame, or perhaps even Paris' insensitivy caused tears to flow like crazy. Not so, kids. The culprit is me...with a little help from "Ponch."

So for those of you who are unaware (yeah, I know you come just for the trivia!!), apparently there's a little kerfuffle going on in blogger-land and per usual (please note sarcasm)...it's "all about me" and apparently my loveable obsession with the Gilmore Girls!! Basically a seasoned traveler of "We're in a Fight" was visited by a young man on her own blog that made some disparaging remarks about a childless woman who spends their time blogging about the "downward trend of quality writing on the Gilmore Girls." I did not read this comment...but heard about it from my cousin Nancy and from the infamous "JuanitaSanchez." Both ladies immediately lept to my defense in comments on his blog, as well as Juanita's (which she finally eliminated altoghether). I must express my gratitude to these women for sticking up not only for me...but for childless Gilmore Fanatics everywhere! The thing is folks, whatever the guy had to say I never saw it. He has now openly apologized to me on his blog, though I do believe it was a misunderstanding. He explains that he's just trying to be humorous by bringing up the Gilmore Girls now and again. This just goes to prove that you can never underestimate the power of those who have pledged allegiance to this particular television program. Look what happened when they tried to cancel "Party of Five" and "Designing Women." Not that Gilmore is in the same sort of trouble right now (thank goodness), but zillions of fans staged letter campaigns to see their beloved programs come back to life. "The Family Guy" is the most recent and truly deserving sample of the work of true fans, and hopefully "Arrested Development" will have the same result to the "Save Our Bluths" Campaign. There's so much crap going on in the world, so much heartache and devastation. We look to television for news and information, and for some relief from "the real world" (not to be confused with the tv show!). Some people enjoy athletic competitions on the tube...others like the crime dramas to bend their minds...others love their sitcoms. My guilty pleasure is the "dramady," in this case Gilmore Girls. I don't shun others for what they like, and I make no apologies for liking what I like. So "Not Erik Estrada," I accept your apology. I give you credit for rising above the turmoil you accidently brought on with your comments. We're all here to have a little fun, and to enjoy the writing and rambling of others. It just might be wise to think about what you have to say before you say it. Personally I think the way to go would be to not pick on someone for being childless...that was below the belt. But you apologized, I've accepted...and it's time to move on. Oh, and you also must watch Gilmore Girls faithfully for the rest of it's duration. You must also watch all syndicated episodes on The Family Channel, or at the very least invest in the DVD collection. Watch them, and understand the magic and joy that is Gilmore Girls. And be happy...my favorite show COULD have been The Golden Girls...and that would just be cruel.

5 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

I think Lorelai is shedding tears of joy -- because you and Not Eric E. have made up and poor Juanita can sleep at night, free of the stress and worry caused by the humorous, yet slightly scandalous comments on her blog.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with The Golden Girls????? I love them!!!! In fact, I watch them every night from 6-7 on Lifetime!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Uh-oh, Reesie. Now we've sparked off another war with the Golden Girls fans! Time to run for cover.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHO said this about you? Where did they say it? I try to keep up with all the blogs, but I never read that awful comment. I will kick their ass! No one talks about my sister!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

I started my blog today on this website. I guess you can just click on lizfwiz and bang! you are there. Won't be as good as y'alls, but whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home