ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

2.03.2006

Who's up for swimming?

I had to bring Peggy to the dentist this afternoon, and we decided to ride by the beach to see the wave activity. The kid hasn't seen much since the surgery, so it was a nice treat for her. At any rate, I had my camera and took some pictures. Farther down the beach the water was coming right over the sea wall...the road was covered in seaweed and rocks, but we trudged through:)

This is Long Sands Beach right at the ramp by the bathhouse...the tide is insanely high, usually at low tide there is a good quarter to half mile of beach before the water breaks.




This was from Short Sands Beach...just an abandoned washed up "lobstah" trap...but it caught my eye. No "lobstahs" inside, but there were plenty of seagulls foraging for dinner in the seaweed close by.









This is a shot of Nubble Light, the waves were huge! I can't even explain it...it was actually kind of scary standing there. The wind was fierce right off the water, and all I could hear was a foghorn. I don't think these shots are too bad, the fog was substantial...but considering they were also taken under the cover of a "ziplock bag" (no lie), you can still make out the detail of the storm.





Another shot of the Nubble with a better view of the waves. I don't know why but my camera "hesitates" to take the picture. It drives me crazy because then I don't get the candid "as the moment happens" shots I want. Someday I'll be able to afford a real camera...someday!!








This one was hard because of the fog, but it was taken at Short Sands. The waves hitting against the rocks can me mesmorizing. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in one of those houses!

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Reesie, Were you guys out walking, or were you just pulling over to take shots here and there? I bet it was beautiful to see the beach like that, but I'd be a little worried that two of my favorite peeps in the world would be blown away by fierce winds!!!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Juanita said...

Those are some awesome pics! Makes me so nostalgic for the east coast. I can't talk my family into going there, they keep whining about friggin' Disney World.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home