ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

9.26.2005

Just like Heaven...

So all the talk about Chunky's got me in the mood to go today, so I brought Peggy to see Just Like Heaven. However, Maine no longer has 'Chunky's,' here it's known as Smitty's Cinemas (which would have been nice to know when we passed it!). Same basic principle, different chairs and slightly different menu. We went to the "3:29" show (which made me thirsty for a meeting of the "4:29 club") and were the only ones in the theater for about 10 minutes. And I'm looking forward to the private show knowing Peggy's tendency to talk out loud during the movie, but then some ridiculous guy comes in and we can't even hear the movie because he's breathing so loud. Seriously, I thought he was having a heart attack...perhaps it was just the anticipation of seeing Reese Witherspoon on the screen because he calmed right down as soon as he saw her face!! Weirdo. The movie was not that bad-and maybe I'm just out of touch-but it wasn't as predictable as I thought it would be. The key element was Jon Heder. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw him - all I could think of was whether or not he would display some of his cage fighter skills!!

I'm getting DVR tomorrow...that way I can continue my downward spiral into the world of "zero social life." Welcome back to Maine kids!

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

I miss the 4:29 club.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Mo said...

i miss it too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home