ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

2.26.2007

Blame it on The Rainn

As previously posted, this past Saturday marked the hosting of SNL by Rainn Wilson. I have to admit, I fell asleep. In my defense, it had been a long day of family as it was my cousin's bridal shower that day. I very much enjoyed the opening sequence regarding the Anna Nicole Smith trial and the CNN scrolling bar. I was also impressed with the "monologue" which was a take off of "The Office." I was sad that my beloved Jim Halpert was not present in person, but Jason Sudeikis did a really good job impersonating him. Kristen Wiig (who is currently my favorite castmember...I love the "Target Lady" and "Aunt Linda"), was exceptional as Pam. She had all her mannerisms...including the frownsmile.

Other choice moments were the Judge Seidlin (Anna Nicole Smith nonsense) parody by Fred Armisen, Andy Samberg as Prince Harry, and The New Employee bit with Rainn in a Napoleon Dynamite style wig. I was surprised they didn't do more with the Britney Spears debauchle...but perhaps there's just so much oddity we can all deal with in a week. Whitney, from Pop Candy fame, was in the audience, and did a blog post about it today. It's a quick and interesting read. I've always wanted to attend a live show...and considering I laugh at just about everything...I'd probably be their dream come true. But so many can say that already!


Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger BenSpark said...

isn't her name Whitney, whitney Matheson.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mo said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! yes! i'll fix it now! i don't know what i was doing! it's been a long day-only about an hour of sleep! thanks DB!!!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

Anytime I can help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home