ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

3.26.2006

My "OOOOUUUMMM" Weekend...



This is my horoscope for the day:

"Today's planetary alignment will give you the opportunity to make a new start. But only if you have been able to get rid of some of the emotional constraints that have been weighing you down over the last two weeks. Try and set aside those things that have been bothering you in you personal life to take advantage of the breath of fresh air coming into your life. Breathe it in!"

So because I don't want to mess around with kharma when the planetary alignments are in order...I played it as a "low key" weekend. Although both mornings of the weekend I woke up unusually early, I still managed to get in plenty of R&R. Saturday I went and had my "hair did." Very necessary...in fact when I sat in the salon and saw my scraggly locks I almost asked the stylist to just shave it off completely. I refrained from such drastic measures, and went with the loss of a mere inch. I've been trying for over a year to grow out my hair for Locks for Love. My deadline is when I return from my sister's wedding in July. Look for my hair to be radically shorter! Honestly, I'd love one of those little short "do's," but my head is too ginourmous for that to look good at all. After the salon, where I almost fell asleep in the chair, Peggy and I went to lunch and did some shopping. I also got my car fixed which was essential to my cosmic bliss. For the last year I've been complaining of a rattling noise in the undercarriage. It's been pretty brutal, the noise totally creeped me out. I felt like the car would collapse everytime I turned a corner. I dropped it off for an oil change on Friday night, and I left yet another little note. Miraculously, the dealership called me and said that there was a problem and (even more miraculously!!) it was actually covered under my extended warrantee!! Woo-hoo!! So, RamonDos is now rattle free and ready to commute once again. I returned home to watch a movie called
"Junebug." Amy Adams, who has been in several movies, but one of those people you never know "who" she is...was nominated for an Oscar this year for her performance in it. I was actually really impressed with it, though I can't stand the lead actress Embeth Davitz. It's a movie that actually tells a story you can relate to, and it centers on the importance of family. I loved the characters, and how realistically they related to one another. I was very surprised by the brother who was played by the blonde hot kid from 'The OC,' playing a redneck rather than the stereotype. But speaking of stereotypes....



Today I thought it only right to be a slug once more. Hence, I went to the movies to see Failure to Launch. I was apprehensive as Sarah Jessica Parker's last film was miserable. But there's always that McConnaughey element that calls to me and pulls me forward. This movie was great, it was funny and funny...and Matthew McConnaughey appears shirtless (thus the bonus pic) several times and really I defy you to tell me that is ever NOT warranted. You can't...I win.





Now I'm just settling in for an evening of more slugdom...The Soprano's starts in an hour and a half...and where no one knows what's up with Tony and his health issues, tonight promises to be lots of fights run by ego. I just want Bobby Bacala to be the stand in "boss." He can make orders wearing his engineer cap and set up his train set on the stage of the "Bada Bing!" Whoa! Thomas the Train...beware!!

6 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

Do you think Tony's hot? My sister claims he is, but I don't see it. Then again, I don't watch Sopranos. Why? Because we're too cheap to pay for HBO.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Reesie,
I might just have to take you up on your invite. In all seriousness, I do have to borrow your Gilmore Girls DVDs. You could mail them to me and I'll send them back..I'm thinking, "Reese-Flix"

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

We saw Failure to Launch this weekend too. It was really funny. I loved it.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you can explain to me what the deal with Kevin Finnerty is? I get at the end Tony/Kevin was walking towards his death and he heard his daughter and he didn't want to go ito the "family reunion"... but WHY was he Kevin Finnerty?? I'm so confused

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Mo said...

**SPOILER**Don't read this unless you've seen the episode of the Soprano's airing March 26,2006!! You've been warned!!

a) I agree that Vito's time is running out...and I also predict he will ultimately fall because of Meadow's fiance! I hated that he worked Pauly into a rant about the $$ for Carmella...I'm glad she saw their faces though when they got on the elevator!

2) I also agree that there is something "hot" about Big T!! I don't know what it is...I love that guy!!

d) I don't know if "Kevin Finnerty" is just a character made in his subconscious because he "thinks" he's got altzheimer's like Uncle Junior, but I also think that Finnerty might be someone from his past..perhaps someone with a normal life that he wishes he was more like. Funny though that even someone with a "normal life" like KF, there's still problems like the one with the monks!

I loved the family reunion element, especially with his cousin as the greeter. It would have been cool if he actually saw his mother and father or something like that.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

horoscopes are bad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home