ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

10.03.2006

Under the sea...


Yeah, I'm 29.2 and have pre-ordered copies of Disney's The Little Mermaid which was released today on DVD. This is by far my favorite Disney movie, it was also the first movie Peggy ever saw in a theater...and I took her:) I just remember her cute little face, all bespectacled, staring in absolute amazement at the dolphins tumbling through the cartoon waves in the opening scenes. She was 4, and so teeny that the chair wouldn't go down all the way! Now if you ask her about the movie she'll probably rant about how I torture her singing the songs in the car or something. She's so mature! Ha! And of course watching movies like this always sparks the "girl" in me...so it's almost guaranteed I'll cry before it's over. I used to cry at Major Dad...so this should be a surprise to no one. I admit it...I'm not ashamed of my tears! Peggy would always look at me and say, "Merny, don't cry...it's only a movie!" Now my emotions are simply a game to her...I can't watch Extreme Home Makeover without her staring me down...waiting for the tears to fall. I'm just way too emotional a person, but it's part of who I am...so deal!

Just a tip, if you are purchasing the movie (and you should really have it in your Disney collection...seriously) then Best Buy has it on sale AND they are giving away little plush "Flounder" and "Sebastian" toys with it...just so you know...because you should.

I'm going to stop talking about The Little Mermaid now. Yes, I realize how sad it is...me devoting an entire missive about it...not the movie itself. I get it...I do.

3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

I really think that I NEED to get the Little Mermaid! Can you believe that I have Never seen it? I know, I know, a "fish person" like myself and no little mermaid ... hey, I just got "Finding Nemo" a couple of weeks ago and still haven't seen the whole thing. Yikes, I AM WAY Behind!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

The Little Mermaid is a damn good movie, and it always makes me cry at the end, too.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

Ok Ok Reesie! I GOT the Little Mermaid Video!!! Yes, I have the newly revamped copy in my home..have I seen it yet..no,have I EVER seen it ... NO.
I'm thinking of bringing it to work to watch with the guys, what do ya think??? Actually both of the guys that I work with have kids and They have seen it! Man am I Way behind the eight ball!
Here's to the new aquatic adventure!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home