ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

10.01.2006

Remember when...


I don't have a lot to write about, thus, I haven't subjected you to any rants or raves lately. I really don't even have to write this, but I'm getting ready for work and procrastination is actually the direct translation of my given name. It's not really, I just don't want to go to work and getting ready for work would bring me closer to that goal I have no yearning to reach so why would I continue on that path of destruction and chaos? Why?

It has been a very long week, very long. I had a visit at work from my boss and one of the company VP's. It was a very happy and successful visit, and even with that behind me, the involuntary eye twitching I began to suffer earlier in the week has continued with no hope of relief in sight. No pun intended...seriously. What makes the whole "eye twitch" thing kind of fun is the fact that the show "My Name is Earl" used the occurrence as a plot point in this week's show. Did I say it was fun? Yeah, I'm totally losing it.

So why do I have to go to work on this cold, blustery, fall day? It's family weekend at SJCME. I did have a good day yesterday and accidentally ran into some old friends randomly visiting the campus to see someone else. I was just taking in the traffic of people outside when I saw them and went out to make sure it was them...and it was and so I was happy. I have maybe seen them once since their wedding a few years ago...and now they have a beautiful baby girl named Sophia. Seeing them truly made my day-and their baby is probably the happiest baby I've ever seen in my life. She was hilarious! At one point she was trying to fuss to get out of the carriage, but just couldn't help laughing instead. I love it:) So I have to work for only a few hours today and then my plan is to make some soup...from scratch...we'll see how that goes.

My dad is journeying to the "land of my birth" this week for business. "The land" being Bremerton, WA. I remember bits and pieces from when I was little, and even visiting the space needle in Seattle. I would like to go back there some day and see the apartment we lived in and if it's even close to what I remember. Granted, it's probably not even in existence anymore...but whatev. I would, of course, like to also see Pike's Place Fish Market...and see if I can stomach the space needle again. I should plan a vacation out there soon...it would definitely be interesting.

So I'm off now for a boring day...I'm late now too which will make the day all the more interesting. Thanks for distracting me...

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Funny you should mention the eye-twitch thing. This woman at my gym claims she has been having incessant eye twitching episodes for the past two weeks. I was having that same issue a few years back when I was a graduate student. I got so annoyed by it that I went to see the campus doctor. He said that eye twitching is never indicative of anything serious...save stress or just strained eyes. I did what I had to, then, and laid off the studying, got lots of sleep and took it easy. Ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home