ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

9.19.2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year...



For a television addict such as myself anyway:)

September premieres many things, including the changing of the leaves...the bright, glorious colors of fall...and new television shows to suck you in...force you to stay inside and miss all that color and wonder Mother Nature works so hard to produce. I'm not knocking it...I have that "kick ass" commute to enjoy the nature and such, so when I get home I'm kicking back to be entertained. I find that I crave entertainment like it's my own version of crack. I stay up late even though I have a DVR to watch shows because I'm afraid I'll hear about it on the radio the next day and kill my buzz. It's not a good feeling. It's why I've stopped watching Survivor and most reality shows (except Celebrity Fit Club...I love me some Harvey!). From what I can tell, this season should be pretty successful in general...last night was my first glimpse and truly...it's looking hopeful.

I started the night out on CBS with "The Class." I liked it...it was sweet and funny...really funny. Plus the girl who played "Janice Ian" in "Mean Girls" is in it...and probably the funniest character. I will keep up with this one, I've missed sitcoms...they seem to be a dying breed...they must be saved. Is there a Greenpeace type group for television? I should check into that...or an asylum...either/or. I maintained the CBS comedy line-up until 10...but it was all I could do to stay awake. I decided a night cap of NBC's new show "
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" would be a respectable way to end the evening. It was. I know this show has gotten a lot of press and hype...but it deserved it. I liked seeing Matthew Perry in this role, it is certainly NOT Chandler Bing...but it's ok. Don't cry...move on. His sidekick is Bradley Whitford, of West Wing fame, or more importantly "Eric," Adam Sandler's nemesis in Billy Madison. Everytime I see him I want to discuss business ethics and delicious Triscut crackers. Weird. Amanda Peet is also in the Studio...but I'm not sure I like her yet. I didn't really like the fact that she smirks in almost every shot. I'll be on board for a little while, I hear she is preggo in real life so she may not stay with the project. That could make it worth while.

In other pressing TV news, the WB is totally over, and the CW is taking the week to get acclimated or something. Most CW shows will premiere next week...most importantly Gilmore Girls on Tuesday at 8 pm EST. I'm going to watch the repeat of the season finale which will air tonight, even though it upset me in a way an adult woman of 29.2 years should never be upset about a fictional television show. I figure I should give it another go because I've heard (don't worry...no spoilers...refer to first paragraph) the first episode, even sans Team Palladino, is hysterically funny. It better be...or the show will go on "the list!" Also coming back next week on Monday night is 7th Heaven. I have no idea how they will recover from the cheezy season finale that was supposed to be the cheezy season finale, but I'm sure they will figure it out. I heard they give Stephanie Tanner (yes, from Full House) a guest spot focusing on her drug addiction because Kimmy Gibler was too much to handle on the set and she lost her "cute" status to the Olsen Twins...wait...what? How rude!


Also beginning this week, Rachel Ray has started her much anticipated Oprah induced talk show. Let's just say this...I enjoy Rachel's cooking show...mostly because I think 30 minute meals are convenient, but also because 30 minutes with commercials is about as much of her as I can take. I do like watching $40 a day with my dad...but only because he gets so pissed at her ridiculous tipping logic...it's priceless...literally. At any rate, I caught about 6 minutes of her first show yesterday and had to shut it off. I'll try again tonight-but I think I just have to really be in the mood for it. I've heard the same reaction from others, but I'll have to see an entire show before I give final critique. Megan Mullally (aka Karen from Will & Grace...NOW you know who I'm talking about!) also has a talk show...I tuned out when she started singing her own versions of songs from the musical "Hair." Again, I think I just need to be in the right mindset for that crap right now. Plus her "real voice" kind of scares me. She's married to a guy who guest stars on Gilmore Girls from time to time...so that's kind of cool...for her:) (Yes, I realize my sickness and I just could care less!). I will definitely watch the show in it's entirety later as I hear her first guest, the infamous Will Ferrell, was per usual...HIGH-larious!

Tonight's schedule is a bust for me...sorry to all you
NCIS and Dancing with the Stars fans...I just could give two. However, my DVR will be in battle mode at 10 for the season premiere of Law & Order: SVU and Nip/Tuck. That latter show is effed up...I freaking love it! It's totally outrageous...but I won't apologize for loving it so. Last week I laughed out loud for COMPLETELY unspeakable happenings...but isn't that part of the fun? It should be noted that A&E is airing a special on "Dog the Bounty Hunter" in reference to his capture of the Max Factor heir/rapist...the bust the Dog was JUST arrested and detained in Mexico for...coincidence?

Have a great night...and try to watch Jason "Captain" Varitek get honored for achieving the club record of catching 1,000 games...(if you don't know who I'm talking about you should be ashamed and run out of town!)...he deserves a little more praise:)


Stay tuned for more "pressing premiere updates"...trust me...I'll be watching...sad, but true:)

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

I liked The Class, too. It was cute. Though, sadly, it took us a good 10 minutes to realize that was Jason Ritter in the lead role.

We'll watch it again.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Mo said...

haha! it took me this post to realize it was Ritter's kid!!!

thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home