ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

8.09.2006

Where in the world is my little Diego??


Look for me to be driving this. No, Diego has not arrived yet. It's driving (no pun intended...really) me a little nuts. I see other people driving their CR-V's on the Maine's Goldstar Memorial Highway, and I get a little sad. I find tears struggling down my face, and I think, why? Why Honda, why hast thou forsaken me? I actually got a call last week on Thursday explaining that my car had arrived, however it had 500 miles on it. Yeah, I'll pass. If you pay brand new, you should get brand new. I'm not going to go to Applebee's and order a salad and allow them to bring me someone else's leftovers with all the croutons picked out...ergo, why would I want a used car? If the dealership had offered a deal of some sort, like free oil changes, or the XM stereo installation for free...perhaps I would have taken it off their hands...but they didn't offer a deal...so Howie Mandel can enjoy the rest of his summer. Now it's been 10 days since the initial purchase, and I'm still driving my cramped little focus. And the more I see other people enjoying the tremendous amount of space in their CR-V's (as compared to my rollerskate of a car), the more claustrophobic and jealous I get. I found a bruise, no lie, a bruise on my shin the other day. I couldn't figure out where the hell I got it. But I figured it out when I drove my car the other day, when I slip Ramon Dos into cruise control (an essential part of my commute), I rest my leg against the cup holder that straddles the gear shifter because I'm basically in the fetal position when I drive...and that's where I got the bruise. I'm actually being injured driving this thing now! I always felt bad when friends would sit in the passenger seat and because of the lack of space combined with the fact that they were of a taller stature...I would have to make like Fred Flintstone for them and open the moonroof so they could sit somewhat comfortably. I just need to be out of the matchbox, for once and for all. It's seen it's good times, but I can't remember any of them now because I'm so disillusioned by this whole experience. Wah. I know, like Justin Timberlake said "Cry Me a River."

So I shall keep you updated as to the arrival of Diego. I'm hoping for tomorrow...but I'm not holding my breath...because then I'd be dead...and who would provide you with the plethora of entertaining verbosity essential for an amazing day?

Pray. Peace.

5 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

hope it gets here soon!!!!
quick question .. when you change your template, does it take Forever for you to change you "links"?? you have soo many, cuz you have soo many friends! Just wondering ... thanks!!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Juanita said...

Good comment lms129, that was funny. Reesie, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY WOULDN'T GIVE YOU A DEAL ON THAT CAR! What are they, crazy? You should have gotten something, anything! Obviously the dealer's 16-year-old kid took a 500 mile joyride. You did the right thing to refuse it. You deserve a brand-speaking-new one, posthaste.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

I love your new slide show. I hadn't seen most, actually any of those pics. Will you email them to me? Love ya. Fwiz P!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

Hey, great new slide show! It was so good, I won't even mention the Royals.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Ah ha...but you DID!! And that was mean with a Capital M!! It's all good...we'll be fine once the rest of the team is out of the ICU!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home