ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

8.01.2006

I got CR-Ved...

So as you all may recall from my previous post I went to see "the Dave" this weekend. Bottom line, I’m not 21 anymore. The random things that happened at this show on "the lawn," repulsed me to no end. I was never so unimpressed and unamused by those in their late teens and early twenties in my life. And that is from a chick who used to work as a college RD! From the haze of weed smoke choking the stagnant air, to the masses of ill bred idiots that simply felt no shame in dropping trou and urinating wherever they stood…I’m positive that it will be a long, long time before I attend another concert "on the lawn." Everything else about the weekend was fine, I had an awesome road trip experience with Maggie and Rich. I highly recommend listening to Dane Cook and torturing bastard motorists with french fries. It was wonderful to see Kerry and Stevie and Liz as well. The laughter, as always, was pleasant and welcome…and incessant. So the weekend wasn’t a wash at all…it was just the actual filthy rotten miscreants that pretended to think they could appreciate Dave whilst peeing in public. No thanks!

I also got to see my Sweet Caroline and Allison for a little pool party at their house on the return home to Maine. And I got to wish Nancy well as she heads to Croatia…and brings me back a "Croat" as a souvenir!! Ha!

Now, to the BIG news…drumroll puhleeeeze…..
I get to drive one of these soon…


I can’t take the little car anymore…I spend too much time commuting to feel suffocated any longer. That and after I successfully made my last payment on "Ramon Dos," he continued to "Shite the bed" on me. I’ll miss my little focus…but it’s time for a new path. For personal reasons, I’m also doing away with the legacy of the vehicles named "Ramon." I believe my new car will get the moniker "Diego," but seeing as I haven’t driven it yet…I’m not 100%. You need a little story about where I got "Diego?" Sure…I’ll oblige. When traveling the open frontier of the Florida Highway System, we borrowed my father’s GPS system so as to ensure we would arrive at destinations such as the hotel, rehearsal dinner, and my sister’s wedding…on time and in one piece. I dubbed the GPS, "Dora" after the cartoon character "Dora The Explorer." She’s a kid who likes her some maps…so it seemed to fit. "Diego" is the cousin of Dora…so I’m thinking we might have to keep the new toys "in the family." So my new friend should be joining me by the end of the week. I got picky on the color and they didn’t have any on the lot. I thought I was going to go with "Silver Moss," which online and in the catalog looked like a soft, sage green. Howevah...in person...it looked like baby doodie. I can't drive that. I went with the sleek silver, which is practical as it will hardly ever look like it needs tub time. I’ll just have to suck it up for a few more days…hopefully Ramon Dos makes it in the impending heat. Oi.


I’d now like to take the opportunity to wish Captain Varitek a speedy recovery from his (fingers crossed not serious) injury from last night’s game. I just read that he's having surgery...everyone say a prayer. I missed Big Papi’s walk off homer by thismuch, but I knew something good happened when I heard my neighbor screaming expletives of joy from his back porch. So kudos to you, Papi…and thanks for saving the day…yet again!

9 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

Congrats on the car, looks great! No wedding blog?

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar Dave experience last summer when I went to see him on Randall's Island. I too was a big fan of the Under the Table and Dreaming era of Dave, and I did get to hear him sing Satellite live the first time I went to see him in concert in high school. However, I have realized that I have also grown too old for a Dave concert. To enjoy Dave Matthews live you have to either REALLY be into Dave or be TOTALLY WASTED. And as I was neither, having not listened to any of his music since Under the Table and Dreaming - I had a miserable time. The whole venue was one large plot of dirt, not even any grass. Well there was plenty of grass but none to sit on. At any rate, thats why when Maggie called to see if Colin and I wanted to hit up Dave I eagerly declined. Sorry to hear you had a bad Dave experience, it scars you for a while. I hope you recover well.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Reesie...
Congrats on the new car. Honda makes a very sharp, clean silver. I think you'll be happy with that choice.
Hey, Fwiz...never mind harassing Reesie for a wedding blog (which, she wrote and lost because of internet problems..sniff, sniff). What about you blogging on your own wedding????

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

Congrats on the car.

I am not a lawn fan either. My ife loves the lawn but I hate it, I am always on the defensive and my RD training kicks in when I'm surrounded by hundereds of potential idiots.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Sparky said...

Will we get to meet the new car this weekend?? I do hope so!!

Yes, my usband (if he calls me his ife, I'll call him my usband) doesn't like the lawn. He has no sense of fun carefree dancing like a crazy hippie. *sigh* I guess I'll keep him though!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mo said...

haha...i want to call you "parky" and "rewbie" from now on!!

i pick up the car tonight!! yeah!!
so you will get to meet this weekend:)

"rewbie," i hear you on the rd thing...that may have been what did me in...it was like my spidey senses...i felt like i was out on rounds and they would never end. the closest real rd experience to this was the night the sox won the world series...and i thought that was the WORST. this by far was just bedlam. never again!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

cool ride Reesie ... love the name!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Juanita said...

I, too, recently discovered that concerts are for the young and crass. Kinda sad, but I guess that's why they make CDs! Congrats on the car, looks like a good one.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Did you get him, did you get him?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Love you!
Maggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home