ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

6.23.2006

Pit Stop!

I know, I know...I've gotten a zillion emails claiming my "blog sucks." It's been a really long week at work, and between getting caught up from my business trip, and preparing for Orientation this weekend and my vacation coming SOON (Thank you, Jesus!) I've been distracted. I need the cabbage though-so we'll just have to get along somehow. Last weekend I went to see Disney's new movie 'Cars.' I loved it. I've never seen a Nascar event in my life. I don't know the first thing about racing cars and such. The most I know about cars is they run on expensive, stinky liquid and when I'm broke they usually require some ridiculous amount of repair that will cost me stress and tears. Boo hoo. At any rate, I think this might just be one of my favorite of the Pixar/Disney collaborations to date. The story was relevant, and I wasn't bombarded with silly racing vocabulary words to confuse my already confused head. It was really creative, and though I would have rather listened to Luke Wilson's voice over Owen Wilson...the counter of Bonnie Hunt and Larry the Cable Guy got me through. Yeah, I saw it a second time yesterday with my cousin Julie who blessed me with a visit for our mutual day off. She liked it too-so at least I know I'm not crazy...just regressing to childhood a wee bit! I also had the opportunity to visit this week with some treasured friends, Denise and Keith, and their kids: Ethan and Julia. Considering Julia is 18 months old and I've never seen her "live and in person," needless to say it was a much overdue visit! We met at "the Bug" and had a fun dinner and conversation session of "gossip and catch up." It was especially sad to say goodbye to them as they are moving to Georgia very soon because Dr. Keith will be a college professor. A very exiting opportunity for their family, and I am sure to visit next year so I can see their new digs and hopefully attend a Braves game. Happy travels to you!!

Also new and exciting this week...Britney "I ain't manic depressive, I'm country" Spears has dyed her hair jet black a la Jessica Simpson's sister Ashlee "I ain't manic depressive, I just can't sing and should have stayed on 7th Heaven so people wouldn't always refer to me as Jessica's sister" Simpson. Ok Brit...you aren't sad...we get it (*wink*)...


As mentioned before I have to work all weekend, I will do my best to keep you updated as much as I can, but please keep in mind that I'm preparing for "the wedding of the century" and my trip down south:) Oh, yeah...and my dress isn't done!! I have no fear that it won't be ready though, so you can all breathe (but say a little prayer for me anyway!)...

Happy Friday, everyone!!


5 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Look at the kid in the bottom picture. What's in his bottle, Beer? The kid looks loaded. If I had Brit as a mother, I'd probably want to spend as much time as possible in an altered state, too.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known a few people who were told to stay away from chemicals such as nail polish, hair dye, anything with a strong fume like aroma while they were pregnant. Just another instance that Brit could care less about the safety of her babies.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Well, I have a friend who is pregnant and said that her doctor gave her the a-ok for hair and nails...or it might have just been the nails...or her hair:) I'll have to ask her again:)

As long as Britney isn't chasing Paxil with Colt 45's anymore...little baby Fed may come out ok. I'm more concerned about AFTER it's born! Poor Sean Preston!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Juanita said...

Don't you think Brit looks just like Angelina Jolie in that first pic? I thought it WAS Angelina for a second.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I want to know what Bloomingdales has done to so upset you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home