ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

6.13.2006

Where's the beef??



While driving recently, I was thinking on a few things. I know...huge shocker. First, that as of last month I have been out of college (as a student) for 9 years. Weird. Then, while listening to The Today Show on the radio, a story on babysitting came on. Do you know that these kids get paid upwards of 15 bucks an hour these days?? No taxes either!! The LAST time I babysat "professionally," I had in my care a 2 year old, newborn twins, and yet another newborn. I was paid 2 dollars an hour. No lie. I had instilled a rule that babysitting will only be done by me now if I'm related to the kid, or if it's the child of a good friend. I'm rethinking my position at this time. With gas prices and such...hey, why not??

But I digress...I'm not deleting the trivia game completely...though I am not changing the topic as often. I'm pretty sure people have lost interest, which is fine, we're all very busy. But I'm just posting this as a reminder that it is there for your enjoyment if you get a free moment and you want to have some joy in your life. No pressure whatsoever...I want you all to feel comfortable and enjoy your stay at "the blog." Because I've been in a sentimental, regressive mood...the topic this week is "I love the 80's." Feast your trivia desires on topics like The Golden Girls, Rainbow Brite, and the elusive Rubix Cube!

And while you're at it...have a lovely day:)

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

oops, I forgot about your trivia, I'll play! Who did you watch that only paid you two dollars an hour? I always got six then 2 dollars for each additional kid....

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Jesus, Fwiz. You want Reesie to start dropping names of cheap ass parents on her blog? How would she be able to hold her head up high in the ville with everybody knowing she's airing out their dirty laundry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home