ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

7.28.2006

What would you say??

The first time I heard of Dave Matthews Band was from a girl named Laura that lived in my dorm junior year. As she was the author of the now missing but much regaled "Evolution of the Dinosaur," I pretty much had to trust anything she said. She let me borrow her CD "Under the Table and Dreaming" when she found me under a table and dreaming while I should have been writing a paper. I'm not kidding. It was about 2 in the morning when I awoke to her gales of laughter...and the laughter of 4 other girls she awoke to give witness to her finding. Sad. So I gladly tuned into the CD, and she didn't get it back for quite some time...at least 4 more paper assignments anyway. Thus began my love affair with the man known as Dave Matthews. I've seen him in concert countless times. Countless because I believe from the second hand "smoke" I've forgotten some of the locations. I do love watching him perform live though...any guy who can come out and play solid for HOURS while not only singing, playing instruments, rocking pajama pants, and doing his "feet" dance...I'm in. One thing I do know is that I have never seen him perform my favorite of his tunes, Satellite, live and in person. Knowing of my addiction to television and such, if you know the song...you'll understand my gravitational pull toward it.

This week, Maggie called and said she had extra tickets for the show in Connecticut this weekend. Road trip? Whaaaat?? Though I have zero funds after the wedding of the century...I still jumped at the chance to hang with the Foley siblings, Rich, and their family friends. Plus, it's a road trip...who doesn't love a road trip?? It's like a rainbow, and the concert is the pot of gold at the end. So keep me in your positive thoughts this weekend...I really don't care if you're "over" Dave Matthews, or if you were never "under" him. Hey, that's your loss. Let me have my joy and whimsy, and you can have your collection of Golden Girls commemorative plates and Bob Saget windchimes...I won't beat you down for it.

Have an awesome weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO jealous that you're going to the show. I LOVE Dave. :(

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Dave Matthews is great. I love Satellite, too. Such a pretty, dreamy song. The only time I saw Dave live was when he performed at Bates, just prior to making it really HUGE. There were about 200 people there and the show was 12 dollars. I had never heard of him, and only went last minute because my friends were going. They only paid 10 dollars, having purchased their tickets ahead of time on the way out of the dining hall the week prior. I had to pay 12 dollars because I bought my ticket at the door the night of the show.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger LizFwiz said...

Love DMB! Glad you are going to see him. I've seen him a few times live, puts on a great show. Dance to ants marching for me!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Dave Matthews. I saw him in concert too, I think last summer, but they all run together so maybe it was the summer before. I got to hear him play Sattelite and if I knew you loved it so much I would have called you and let you enjoy via cell phone. He does a great concert. Also, he was the only reason I went to see Because of Winn Dixie. You'lll have to tell me all about it! - Jules

 

Post a Comment

<< Home