ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

1.06.2006

zzzzzzz.......PLEASE!



It's 1:22 in the am. I can't sleep. I haven't slept well for weeks. I don't remember the last time I didn't see the neon lights slapping me at every hour of the morning. It's like they are taunting me, and then they finally laugh at 6 am when it's time to "start the day." I just want to sleep. I can't stop thinking about it, and that's my problem. It's that Sarah McLaughlan lyric "I'm so tired, I can't sleep." There is so much in my head, and I need to get it out...but I can't.

Thank GOD there are no episodes of Little House on...the TV would be on all night. Perhaps Doc Baker could prescribe some sort of booze to help me slumber...but he's not around. Bastard. Rat bastard. Did they have insomnia clinics back then?

As I type this I'm yawning, maybe this was just the sleeping pill I needed. Who knows. If I post again before 6...I'm blaming Doc Baker...or Sarah McLaughlan...or Spongebob Squarepants. How the f do they sleep at night??? How do YOU sleep at night?? Seriously, I want to know because obviously I've forgotten how and am in a struggle to keep my sanity.


Off to try again...count sheep or something. Pray that I sleep a little before that frigging alarm clock goes off...pretty please:)

Night night, babies...

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Juanita said...

Jen RN says, "take two Benadryl and call me in the morning." Works for me.

Or you could read a really, really boring book and try your damndest to stay awake. That works, too. I recommend "The Poisonwood Bible." I got years of sleep out of that book. One page and I'm out.

But seriously, I do sympathize. I'm a terrible sleeper and the above do work for me.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to take three generic tylenol pm's everynight, or I will be up every 2 hours.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

Lizfwiz, skip the generic Tylenol PM, it's bad for your liver! Benadryl, (dephenhydramine) is the active ingredient in the Tylenol PM that makes you sleepy. It's cheaper and healther to take generic Benadryl. We used to give 50 mg. Benadryl as a sleeping pill in the hospital.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Mo said...

thanks for looking out for our livers juanita!! i definitley need mine to keep up with jovifan on the boozing front!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home