ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

1.03.2006

Gilmore Gripes...



People of the world (or at the very least those who read my little blog)...do you realize that it has been since November 22 of LAST year (I know "last year" ended a mere 3 days ago...but I'm going for the dramaculous effect here!) since there has been a new episode of my much beloved Gilmore Girls?!?!?! DO YOU?!?! That's 45 days...and another 7 more to boot! You know I must be desperately upset when I have to do math!!

So much has happened since then: my Thanksgiving debauchle...my back illness...my acquisition of the first season of Gilmore Girls on DVD for Christmas (thanks again, Fwiz!)...the 2nd Annual Dick's Christmas Bash...2 major snowstorms...a trip to Newport...my plummet back into the seedy underground of Little House on the Prairie...

Seriously mon petites...that's a LOT of living going on and what is expected of me now? I have to wait another 7 days to see what the F goes on with Luke and his dorky kid and Lorelai's reaction and how the mother and daughter reunion is going and if Rory and Logan are REALLY broken up and if Rory and Emily are still on the outs and what tie Richard wears and if Sookie is pregnant again (not because they hinted at it but because it is the time of year she usually gets knocked up which I'll never understand if Jackson continues to wear the ridiculous pajamas with pictures of himself in a wrestling unitard on it!) and if Paris is still broke and if Lane will break up with Zach because he's killing me and if Sebastian Bach will get more air time...

Of course this will all be summed up in the first few minutes of the show. Why can't we see how their Christmas went? It's like when Sondra got married on the Cosby Show over the summer...I still want to know how they planned a wedding within a month and had it all settled and done before the summer was over. Sorry, Bill...when there is a wedding...there's a LOT more to it. You should know that with the size of your family...ugh! What do you take us for?!?!

I guess for now I will continue to pine for the gossip and goings on of the people of Stars Hollow. Until then I will have to bide my time and continue to check in on the people of Walnut Grove...by the way...last night was the episode where Mary and Adam get in the big carriage wreck with the pregnant lady and then a fire starts because of the glasses (even though their both blind!). The show is so predictable...but I love it! At any rate, there was this whole side story going on where Harriet screws over Albert and Laura on the honey deal they made with Nels...but Albert further swindles Harriet by concocting a scheme to sell their hive to them in order to get the money for Mary and Adam to go on the trip that nearly kills them both, but I digress...so the last we see of Nelly and Harriet is their buckboard driving crazy because the bees are all riled...there was no real "end" to that story...and it upsets me. Granted Laura and Albert are all giggly because they know that the bees will attack...sadistic weirdos...but did they get busted...did Pa beat them with a switch...did Nelly go into shock from the beestings...or did blind Mary steal the show again?? I'm pretty sure they should go dig up Michael Landon and ask him to "re-do" the end of the episode...for continuity sake.

PS-I'm truly sorry to Nancy if she read this and took offense about the "bee sting" part. I don't want to make bad memories resurface, she had a horrific experience with bees at my house when we were younger...so I wouldn't be surprised if she was more than a little upset with this episode's subject matter!!

Just bring back GG and I'll stop...yeah, I won't...but I'll try...well, I won't do that either...just give it up already! The episode is done...what's the hold up showing it WB?? You're killing me...

7 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Is Sebastian Bach on Gilmore Girls? The very same who headed the much beloved 80's band, Skid Row? No problems about the bee sting memories, Reesie. I can handle the traumatic memories being hurled at me! Jesus, I think I have to resubscribe to cable and get a remote control for my TV so I can cruise the dial and find all those episodes of Little House!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger BenSpark said...

Mo, You should get some other seasons of WB shows. They are running a good rebate right now, buy up to 6 seasons and get $50, 5 seasons $40, Four seasons $30. I'm getting thirty back for buying 4 seasons of Smallville. So once the rebate comes in I basically got all four seasons for like 60 bucks total. Sweet. The same deal works with friends and gilmore girls and a few others.

Here is the link to the rebate
Rebate

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Nance-he totally is!! He plays a guy named Gil and he's in Lane's (Rory's best friend) band...he's actually pretty funny when he's on:) I'm glad you aren't upset about the bees...I wish you did have cable...tonight is the circus episode where Nels rejects his sister "the fat lady" because he's embarrassed to deal...and Laura gets all pissed because Almonso takes some other chick to the circus. FREAKS!! I'll start taping them for you or something...or you could just get basic cable-it's all you need! Though I would love LH on demand!!

Drewbie-I'll check into the rebates!! That's awesome!!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I will use my Target gift cards to pick up a few seasons of LH

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I watched the Gilmore Girls last night. A rerun, obviously. Rory (I have such a hard time pronouncing that name) was staying with her grandmother and complaining about a loud intercom speaker in her room. The grandfather was asking where some kid named Logan was. Rory's mother was having some drama. Does this stuff sound vaguely familiar?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Not only is it familiar...I feel like you're talking about family! HAHA! I do have the first few seasons on dvd-so if you feel like coming to Maine for some GG tutilage...I'll be sure to guide you as I am the Yoda of GG!!

I need an intervention!!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I'm sure you are. I would love to see a few episodes. It actually looks like quite a good show. My students all love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home