ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

8.08.2007

I've never been really good at math...



So obviously I should enter a contest that would call for addition!!!! Since I defeated everyone for the final slot in Drewbie's last contest...woo woo...I really thought my days of blog contests were over. It took a long time for me to recover from the defeat and sorrow...I locked myself in my room, I called in sick to work and vowed never to vacation again. I became obsessed with shows like Maury, Dr. Phil, and Oprah. I was suffocating from depression when like a gift, a light shone through my bleak existence! Drew announced another contest on The Benspark that would allow me to attempt a go at my own path to victory!! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

It's called the Benspark Add It Up Contest...and it's all about the points! I'm going to go the Jerry Maguire/Cuba Gooding, Jr. way here though and pronounce "points" like they pronounced "kwan." So from here on out, I would appreciate it if you would read the word "points" as "pwants." Show me the money, baby!!

So, some details...basically...Drew has taken on a lot of math by awarding "pwants" every day to visitors of yonder ye olde blog The Benspark! A LOT of math. Seriously, far more than I would ever be comfortable with. Honestly, I went to a college that did NOT require math for English majors BECAUSE the college did not require math for English majors. Again with the Jerry Maguire references...but here it is...they had me at "you don't have to take math, Mo." And the rest they allege, is history!!

So back to the contest...when you visit The Benspark you can get more info, but basically he's looking for comments and constructive feedback regarding his Photo-A-Day project which continues to be a staple in my "blog checking day." In all seriousness, (I know that's hard to believe I can in fact be serious), I love to see what Drew is photographing every day. He travels so much for work, it's something different all the time. The whole blog phenomenon started with The Benspark...as it used to say at the link on the right...it was my gateway drug to the blogland! And Drew has the decency (ahem...this is self criticism) to literally update The Benspark EVERY DAY! Even when he went on his honeymoon he had guest bloggers! I was one of them:) So check out the contest, I know several of you are photography enthusiasts and would be very interested in what The Benspark has to offer. I think you would be further interested in entering the contest because the prizes are photography related. And I believe you can get in on the action right here and now by leaving a comment on this post! What are you waiting for?? Do it, do it!!

To see more of Drew's Photo-A-Day project check out one or all of the following links:
The Benspark
Benspark at Buzznet
Benspark at Flickr
Benspark at Zooomr

You can also click on the hosting link on the right of this page.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

I love you term for points. Excellent. This was a great post about the contest. Good luck Mo. Are you subscribed to my RSS feeds? Let me know if they are on your Google reader. You get points for that too.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's keeping track of the point too! Great post about the contest.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Mo said...

do i get "pwants" for commenting on my own posts? haa! thanks for checking out the blog, lisa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home