ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

11.17.2006

I'm about to blow your mind...



It's true! You won't even believe! I'm going to make a statement right now that will absolutely send shock waves into the blogging community...well, the "We're in a Fight"-ers blogging community anyway!

Ready? I don't think you are...but here goes. I am going to say that (this is so hard, are you sure you want to know?) Gilmore Girls has officially slipped out of my "favorite show" category this year. DO not misunderstand, I'm still watching it...I want to see if it can dig itself from the grave of absolute (excuse the language) complete and utter crap it has been swallowed whole by. I'm literally pained to watch it, and this past week's episode was no exception. And yes, I realize I hate the spoilers...but do not read on if you haven't watched but intend to. Of course, you can save yourself from wasting a precious hour of your life by reading on...but you are the only one that can make the choice to do so. First of all...could it be any more predictable that Lane and Zak are having twins? Come the frig on. Also, it was so sad to see Lorelai with Gigi...especially since it's just another nail in the coffin of the scuttlebutt between Lorelai and Luke considering he did not really allow a relationship between her and his daughter (who annoys the piss out of me.). It's really over...of course the ending scene tied that up in a pretty little bow with the realization that Lorelai and Christopher got married in Paris. Paris in France, not Paris the character. That would be both confusing and gross...and I think just plain silly. So yes, I'm really getting sick of this show. I never thought I would say it...or type it. It just seems to be ruined...and I'm not a fan of things that are ruined.

All that being said (because if I go on I may get angry and that's not what I'm in the mood for right now), my new favorite show is officially (drumroll from Drumline...please) The Office. I want to be best friends with Pam. I want to work with someone like Dwight. I want to marry Jim. I want to booze with Meredith. I love this show...even if it kind of broke my heart last night. I'm a "Team Pam," all the way. I know!! She totally screwed up with Jim last season...and I shouldn't have been mad at him last night...but it just seems so wrong. I hate the new girl and I want her to leave. It's supposed to be a comedy! It is hilarious though...truly. I think Angela is actually the funniest person on the show...her one liners kill me. So, it is decided, The Office is my new favorite and Gilmore Girls has a LOT of work to do to a)make it up to me and b) gain any sort of ground to even TRY to get close to The Office in my own personal rankings.

I should be a frigging Neilson family. Any one know how I can be?

In other TV obsessed observations:

*No idea how I'm going to get through Wednesday nights without LOST for 3 months. That is total and complete bullshoot. Just another reason why ABC is on "The List." Was "The 9" on this week? See what happens when LOST is lost?!?! I lose my whole schedule! Darn you ABC!! Darn YOU!!

*7th Heaven is absolute swill...but hilarious to watch because the actors are so bad. If you're looking for a comedy that is "allegedly" a serious, family drama...look no further...jackpot!

*JC Chasez (of *NSync and the Drumline Soundtrack fame) is on Ghost Whisperer tonight on CBS at 8pm. I'll be taping it...it's always nice to see one of the boys.

*30 Rock is a pretty decent show. It would be even funnier if they did more with Tracy Morgan and a LOT less of the girl from Ally McBeal. The guy who plays the NBC page is hilarious...and may be a little related to Clay Aiken. Alec Baldwin is a genius...his host of SNL last weekend was probably the best one I've seen in years.

*ER just sucks now. Don't bother. Even with Uncle Jesse on the show...I just think it can't be saved.

*Scrubs is coming back...WATCH IT. It is one of the better comedies around, and considering the sitcom is a dying breed we should do all we can to protect this endangered species. Even better is it's now on the same night as The Office...so there are plenty of reasons to laugh on Thursday nights...of course you could still be in chuckle mode from the previous Sunday from watching 7th Heaven...and if you are we should be friends because we are generally happy people who love to laugh, and especially love to laugh at the expense of others. "If you can't say something nice, come sit by me."

I'm done for the day...I won't make any blogging promises I can't keep...so until next time...we're in a fight.

5 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

Yeah! I love The Office! Never watched GG, and I never will. Rock on, sistah.

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would like Heroes! Save the cheerleader, Save the world!! - Jules

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Reesie,
I'm not sure that Loralei and Chris actually DID get married in Paris. Did they? If so, I missed that "subtelty." I thought she had refused because Rory wasn't there.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger BenSpark said...

Maureen,
Glad to see you blogging again. Allison and I just participated in this thing called a TalkCast with our friend Wes who draws You'll have that. I think that we should do our own Talkcast after a night of Thursday TV. That would be hilarious. You still have access to our blog and can pipe in on our weekely commentaries about the TV we watch. I know you've been reading it, feel free to chime in.

DREW

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sparky said...

You are right, Mo, The Office is the best show on Television! I'm a member of Team Pam, too. T-shirts are being ordered! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home