ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

10.31.2006

One Crazy Night...

Today is All Hallow's Eve...more commonly referred to as Halloween. Growing up it's all about getting dressed up and going begging for candy. Now, it's all about getting dressed up and imbibing quarts of booze...which not a lot of people can say isn't more fun than when we were little! One of the grandest traditions of the season, was getting to stay up late (yeah, late being 8:30 p.m.!) to watch Halloween specials on t.v. They are the same thing year after year, but there is still something so nostalgic about those programs! In the tradition of last years "Christmas Countdown," here are a few of this t.v. addicts favorite Halloween specials/movies. FYI-I can't really stomach the nasty stuff...so if you are looking for images of Jason Voorhies or The Candyman...don't continue...you will not find them here. I'm a wimp, that's my job.

All time favorite really goes without saying..."It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." The first scene involves Lucy and Linus bringing a giant pumpkin home from the patch. As soon as they get through the door...Lucy starts to carve it. This action prompts the pumpkin luvin' Linus to scream and cry..."You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it!! Alwlwlwwww!!" Comedic genius right there folks...you can't miss it. Who loves pumpkins THAT much? Then he gets to sleep in the Pumpkin patch...waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive? And Sally joins him...whaaat? These kids are like 6!! Where are their parents?!?! This show is too much, but I love it and I'll never stop!!







The next one may surprise you, mostly because I doubt you ever heard of it! It's called Garfield's Halloween Adventure. The reason it should really surprise you is the fact that I actually can't stand Garfield...no lie! However, there is this weird little song that is too catchy to ever forget...hence...I have never forgotten it. It's truly sad really...I'm 29.2...I think I was 10 when I first heard it. It's bad enough when you get a song stuck in your head for 20 minutes...how about almost 20 years!! Sweet Merciful Crap I'm OLD!! So the song, for those of you who know what I'm talking about, Willis goes thusly:
"What should I be? There's so many sides to me. I could be an astronaut, a robot, a hobo, a clown, or an alien creature going out on the town...what should I be? What could I be? What should I be?"
That is when Garfield is rummaging through John's attic to find the perfect costume so he can go trick or treating with Odie...and con Odie out of all his candy. Somehow they happen upon a haunted house that's got a creepy guy in it and get chased by ghost pirates...seriously, what the hell is wrong with me???










Next up, Ghostbusters. Just the first one. The second one was queer and used pink goo way too much for anyone's liking. The original Ghostbusters was cinematically and comedically perfect in every way. Who doesn't smile at the thought of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man, or the green ghost that slimed Bill Murray? It is a classic. A few years ago I was home for the weekend and found it on HBO at like 9 in the morning. I laughed so hard I woke my brother, who was sleeping soundly (thanks to hops and barley) on the north wing of my parents humble home. It's a good freaking movie, that's all I can say. If you haven't seen it you are missing out and it's really your own fault because there are so many options for you to be able to see it now-a-days. Who ya gonna call? (Come on, you know I had to add that somewhere!)




And finally, because the holiday will be over by the time I actually finish if I keep going on and on and on, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. This movie is cool because it gets you all primed for the Christmas season, without letting go of it's essential Tim Burton-esque weird factor. I actually haven't seen this in awhile, I may have to Netflix it. And right there is the beauty of the movie, because it's a dual-holiday treat! Woo! This is the story of Jack, who is the mayor of Halloweentown. He likes the whole idea of Christmas and wants to take over the holiday...so he jacks Santa and makes a go at it. In the 'twixt and 'tween there's a whole love story going on too...it's sweet...rent it:)








That's all for now, kids. Have fun trick or treating! I did finally decide to go as an Indian for the big party this weekend...there are pictures, but I didn't sign any releases to post them publicly. I really can't afford the court costs if I sue myself for privacy/character infringement issues...and who wants to pay those fines? If you click on the title of this post it will bring you to the actual history of Halloween...no joke...you might want to edumacate yourselves on these tidbits!! It's interesting...I swear!

Happy Halloween!!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/10/charliebrowndolomite222.html

WARNING : VERY VERY VERY offensive language and adult themes - not for the easily or even moderately offended.

This is a spoof on Its a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown... instead Linus waits for the great Dolomite, a famous pimp, to bring him hoes on Halloween. It is truly offensive and absolutely hysterical. In fact - there are many similar ones on ebaumsworld.

Just had to link to it. Don't judge me for it.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you had 15 crazy nights since and that is why you don't blog anymore???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home