ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

10.17.2005

Get OUT!!

So there's a guy in the store right now who's waxing poetical about some NONSENSE and I really just want him to leave. Here's the kicker-he's not even talking to me!! My office is really loud-there is a computer that runs all day that has a loud fan, so generally I can't even hear right outside the door...but right now this guy's voice is going through me. I need a rock garden or something to calm me down.

Sunday I ended up watching the movie Ladder 49. I'm a FAN of Joaquin Pheonix. I have been since before Gladiator!! I can't wait to see him in Walk the Line-the story of Johnny Cash. I was a little apprehensive about that-even though the "Man in Black" hand picked him to portray him, but I saw a preview and it looks amazing. So I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon after The Village (which was also a decent flick-probably my favorite of M. Knight Shamalamadingdong). I really had no intention of seeing it-but it's on Starz this month so I DVR'ed it. Yeah, so I cried through the whole movie. I'm a baby. I forgot Travolta was in it-it was a nice surprise because he was probably the best I've seen him in a long time. Jacinda Barrett was also well cast as my boy's love interest. I was actually surprised by her performance because I still associate her with the Real World: London. I just don't remember liking her that much...but she was in Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and she wasn't that bad. Maybe she was in a shark movie or something...I'll have to check it out on IMDB. I'm pretty addicted to that website...I check it several times a day. It's sickening really-but the trivia section interests me. At any rate, I give Ladder 49 5 big stars, and I give them happily!! See it...right now...stop what you are doing and see it...seriously...ok...play trivia first....then go...but stop at the store for some Puffs Plus because regular Kleenex or toilet paper might hurt your eyes...and they'll already be sensitive enough from the giant salty tears!!

Wait--before you go...DI D YOU SEE LANCE ON EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER LAST NIGHT?? (**aside to Katie...I almost forgot him because he's like Rose!! haha!!) He gave a check for $50, 000 to a camp for special needs kids in Russia, a kind of satellite program of the camp they did in last night's episode. I love this show...plus besides Lance, Trisha Yearwood performed a BEAUTIFUL song about "standing out in the crowd." Totally perfect for this camp. If you didn't see it you missed out on a LOT. Not only did they do the house, they made a bunk for the volunteer camp counselors, a building for rainy day activities, and Ty took his shirt off for TV Guide!! TV Guide is going to a new format starting this week and 10% of the sales of this weeks issue will go directly to the camp seen in last night's episode. So after you play trivia, leave work, go to the store and purchase Puffs Plus and a TV Guide:)...What are you waiting for?!?!?!

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger BenSpark said...

I did see Lance on EMHE! I was playing Zoo Tycoon so I wasn't paying attention but I did see that part.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger BenSpark said...

I was doing that instead of writing the Prayer of the Faithful so you can read it at our wedding. 26 days to go!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home