ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

3.30.2007

Is he everything you wanted in a man?


courtesy of www.johnhenrys.com
And how! I can't believe it's taken me this long to recover from the show on Monday...but it's Justin...so you should understand. OMG. OMG. It was awesome...I will warn you now, that I may sound like a 14 year old girl through most of this post...so there, you can't say you weren't prepared.

I met Maggie, Katie, and Lisa at the Triangle Credit Union in the lovely Manch-vegas. I tried to get them to park illegally, but was caught by the attendant. He was actually very helpful and showed them another place to park, and then allowed me to park for nothing! So far, a very nice concert experience! I'm sure he was a little freaked out by the fact that I'm a woman in my early 30's hitting the JT concert...but I wasn't about to fight him! If it made him feel better - all the power to him!

We got inside after Pink started performing. From what we did see-she was amazing. Coincidentally, the first time we saw *Nsync together (Katie, Maggie and I), Pink opened. Weird. I don't think Pink stopped moving the entire time she was on stage. In fact, she turned acrobat and danced in long pink scarves for a bit. It was reminiscent of Rosie's "depression swing." If you don't know what that is-don't worry...you don't want to. But Miss Pink was phenomenal, even these several years later:)

THEN, we found the beer cart located very close to our seats. I love the Verizon! During the break, we played the "guess where Justin will appear from" game. It's a tradition...and besides, Patsy wasn't there for me to bring her to get autograph's and make out with Joey's dad. Long story...but look for Chris Hansen and Dateline to do an expose soon...complete with lemonade and cookies! When the dancer's came out from the back, and whichever VIP's made their way to the floor...the crowds started screaming. It was good times. Mostly because being experienced concert goers we knew that JT would never appear in such an obvious manner. Also, because it brought back many funny memories of us reacting in the same way every time we saw *Nsync. Then I don't know if it was the beer, or the altitude of our seats, but I started to get a little giddy. I crumbled-it was crazy. I lost all sense of maturity and just screeched when JT did arrive (from the center of the stage). Boyfriend just gets hotter and hotter. He's just perfect. PERFECT! And talented...I think it had just been so long since I'd seen him! I didn't realize how bad the "boy band withdrawals" can be. I'll admit, that in their absence I've tried to cope with hits of Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw...but they just didn't have the staying power that my boys do.

Ok, I can't really call it "staying power" because of all of them JT is really the only one that's doing anything that won't lead him to a reality show. Sorry, Joey...but it's true. I love watching you on Dancing with the Stars...but seriously...I'm only watching for you. It's not that great a show. In fact, I only watch you-I DVR it and watch you later because I can't take those freaking judges! Anyway, I'll stop addressing Joey now. I still wish him luck on his show...but I think he can do better. I just don't want him to end up as a game show host or doing commercials for Pita Chips. I'm too emotional about the subject to even keep going on it. This was supposed to be a happy post and now I may have ruined it....focus...focus!!

Digression over!! Justin!! Phew...you almost lost me! So, the concert was not your usual boy band fare. Justin has given up that image like a cheap suit...and he can give up the suit any time he wants too! There was a woman in front of me who actually covered her daughter's eyes several times during the show. To her I say this: The tour is called FutureSex/LoveSounds. Did you not look at your ticket? Did you think it was an anagram or a weird game of Boggle? How would you not know there would be dancers dressed like strippers...or even simply dancers dressed like strippers dancing provocatively? REALLY?? You're shielding her eyes from that? Why are you here?? AND WHY ARE YOU SITTING ONE ROW CLOSER THAN ME AND SHADING HER EYES?? That's just a waste of money, and further, it's disrespectful! I'll give you that I didn't expect the choreography to mimic sex acts...seriously...but hey, I'm not going to take shelter. I'm also not going to bring my young kid to the show and then complain about it when I should have known what I was getting into. People just don't read anymore. Sad. It's "tearing up my heart." Ha.

The stage was set up like a cross, kind of, Prince symbol type thing in the middle of the floor. And sometimes these sheer drape screens would be lowered and images were projected on them. It was pretty cool, though I would argue that being behind a curtain when people are paying several dollars to see you, Mr. T, is kind of rude. But you're a handsome man...so I'll forgive. Then, much to my disbelief, because I had no idea who it was, Timbaland came out to perform "Sexy Back" with the Justin. THEN TimbaLAND did an intermission type show so TimberLAKE could go rest his cute rump. The intermission was awesome...it was like a giant sing along, with clips of horror movies. I didn't really see the correlation...but I just closed my eyes and went along for the ride.

The one part of the evening that disappointed me was after the "last" song when people started running for the exits. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?? As the incomparable Stephanie Tanner might say: "How rude!" It's like getting up in the middle of the 8th inning to make a mad dash for the T during a Sox game. Don't do it!! It's the late inning magic you have to wait for...it's a rule!! You only end up kicking yourself when you leave early and miss the end. And then you know what? It sucks to be you! The true fans stuck tight and waited with about 20 other people for JT to come back for his encore. He was amazing. Unfortunately, they brought up the house lights and I think he realized that most of the place had emptied. I know it was a school night and all-but again, who pays all that money to scoot out early? They are probably the same rich bastards that can afford to "rent" Justin for private events. Whatever.

It was a fun night! I was exhausted, and had to get up at 5:30 am for work...but it was totally worth it. Especially to get to see Maggie and Katie...all of us reunited in our natural habitat. Plans are already being made for his return this summer...and yes...he did a bang up job of bringing sexy back...he should be lauded for his decent and selfless act. :) Ok, so the vocabulary may not scream 14 year old girl...but the intent does!


Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I teach 14 year old girls, and I can only say that I WISH the vocabulary here screamed 14 year old girls, but it sadly does not.
I remember the first time I saw a Timberlake video (for Sexy Back...sorry I jumped on the bandwagon so late) and I was astounded at JT's moves. That white boy can dance. Christ, he gives my man, Usher, a run for his money in the cutting-up-the-rug department.
As for the kid with her mom, what ever happened to the days when parents used to not care and let their kids go, unattended, into a concert, while they waited outside in the car? I remember Lauren going to see Prince on the Purple Rain tour when she was 9. My parents remained blisfully oblivious as to the fact that the show was completely filthy, complete with Prince in lace ass-less chaps and scantily clad women. Then, in 1986, Frank and Eileen reamined equally oblivious as they waited for us outside the Worcester Centrum as we attended the Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill show. The grand finale featured a huge penis sprouting from the center of the stage. They had no idea there were other concertgoers there, watching these two young kids, and calling DSS to report neglect of two minors.
That woman should have left her pre-teen unsupervised and free to enjoy the show. I mean, just because she's 8 doesn't mean her Timberlake pleasure should be robbed of her. She'll be scarred.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Mo said...

I'm going to have to agree with you...though my first concert was with you and Lars, for Cyndi Lauper's True Colors tour. I sat with my dad and got yelled at by old fogies behind us for standing up when she was performing. There should be an age limit, or at the very least a test to say whether you should be able to come into the show or not. Seriously, it's not like it was a private piano bar and I was standing up in the middle of a dining room with my bic lighter! At any rate, I'm going to have to get the pictures Katie took...including some of Manch's classiest people...like the one donning a denim jacket with (and I'm not even kidding) the Remax realty logo in silk screen on the back. Bee e aye you tiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home