ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

12.17.2006

A Christmas Miracle in Blogland...

TWO days in a row! Can you even stand it??

First, I have to address some news that broke my heart this morning. I got an email of sympathy this morning from Allison and Drewbie about the engagement of Bill Rancic to the E! News chick over the weekend. Ho hum. I can't let it get me down...I think I'd already declared a new husband in "Jim Halpert," the fictional character from The Office. I can't even keep all my men straight-so how can I expect you to!! Anyhoo...I'm thinking that rather than falling for the reality stars, or athletes, or even the men who play the characters in movies and television shows...I'm better off just falling for the fictional boys. Yes, I fully realize that I will probably end up in a padded room, adorning a white coat that buckles my arms to my back...but at least I can recognize that now. We can prepare the room, ensuring no sharp objects cross my path...and line up brilliant psychotherapists ahead of time. The crazy is not coming people...it's pretty much already here:)

So after reading an article on the romantic engagement of the two...I eagerly went about my day to take my mind off of the nonsense. Because for some reason I was up at the butt crack of dawn...I watched "The Devil Wears Prada," which I had Netflixed for the weekend. I was less thrilled with the movie than I was with the book. I was hoping Meryl Streep would make me like it more, she was nominated last week for a Golden Globe for the part. It was just "eh." For the rest of the day I watched Christmas movies and baked cookies for Santa and all that good stuff. It was actually very productive...I made the "token" tollhouse cookies, some triple chocolate mint cookies, a low-fat knock-off version of pecan sandies (yeah, that were eventually dipped in chocolate...oopsie.), sugar cookies and gingerbread. I'm cookied out...which is awesome because then I don't want to eat them! I got to watch A Christmas Story...again! AND Home Alone...and A Charlie Brown Christmas...and part of The Grinch...and now we're watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I love TV right now!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, back to work tomorrow...I'd rather not...but I have to pay the cable bill somehow:) Have a happy week everyone:)

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Yeah be-otch! I hope we get to see you. I have to give you your GG discs. By the way, when ordering something for my father on Amazon, I ordered GG Season 6 for myself (much cheaper than Target or anywhere else, for that matter) reasoning that when I'm housesitting for the Christmas in a house without any cable at all, I'll have Loralei and Barracuda-tooth to keep me company.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Mo said...

I hope to see you guys this weekend! I will be around! Nants! Check you out with the GG's!! LOve it!! Is Rory Barracuda tooth because that just made me laugh out loud!!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Mo said...

I hope to see you guys this weekend! I will be around! Nants! Check you out with the GG's!! LOve it!! Is Rory Barracuda tooth because that just made me laugh out loud!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home