ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

12.16.2006

Hell Week '06

It's over. Finally! It couldn't have started worse either. LAST Friday morning, I woke up with a scratchy throat...by the time I got to work I had that nasty congested chest feeling. Great. I'm headed into one of the busiest weeks of work and I'm starting a cold. Awesome. I worked through the day, and went to drop Diego at the dealership for his 10,000 mile service and an oil change. Oh yeah, I've owned him since August and I'm over 10,000 miles. Love my commute. At any rate, it was FREEZING. My parents picked me up, and by the time we got home I had a full blown cough. So pretty! I felt a lot better on Saturday after a good night of sleep. Tylenol PM for colds is my new favorite treat! So Sunday, I decided to do a little shopping for the impending holiday. I was also going to see "The Holiday" with Peggy. We missed the first show and ended up riding around and doing more shopping until the next one that started at 4. By 3 I was completely wiped out...I actually took a power nap in the car!!! SO sad! I was totally the person I would make fun of...a definite low point!

Meanwhile, the rest of the week started off well enough. It's our book buy back week at school. The beginning of the week started off pretty heavy...but still slow. By Wednesday we were way behind our numbers for last week...which is never good news. My assistant manager ended up having to schedule an emergency root canal for yesterday...so that left me a vital person short in the store. Luckily I got someone to work from another store and had a good staff of students working for the day...because we got SLAMMED! I couldn't believe it! I literally almost ran out of money. Remember the scene from "It's a Wonderful Life," when there's a run on the bank and everyone storms the Bailey Savings and Loan for their money. And at the end of the day all they have left is "2 dollars (mama dollar and papa dollar!!)?" THAT'S what yesterday felt like! It all worked out though, by the end of the day we completely surpassed last years numbers for all of November and December combined...which makes me very happy! I know it's boring for all of you to read about - and you don't have to - seriously:) I only got yelled at once by a student...who really just would not listen. One of those jerk type kids that just wants to make a big deal out of nothing in an attempt to intimidate me. I don't know the psychology behind that. If you are an asshole in a situation, do you really think the person you are arguing with is going to eventually back down? The thing was that he just wanted his way and he thought yelling and calling me names was going to make me change my mind. Sorry pal, I'm my mother's daughter...so you lose. :)

So the end of yesterday was the end of a week from hell...and I couldn't be happier that it's over. I still have a little bit of a cough, but I think I'll have to just suck it up and go to the doctor for it because it's turned into more of a wheeze...ha...just call me "wheezie Reesie."

I'd also like to wish my buddy Maggie a very speedy recovery...albeit over a week late in blog land!!! Poor Maggie was in a car accident a little over a week ago. Thank God, she wasn't seriously injured...but she was in a lot of pain. I talked to her on the phone the other night, and she was in "true Maggie form," which makes me more grateful than anyone could ever know!

Now, I have some Christmas preparations to make, so I must away...

Happy week before Christmas!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home