ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

12.02.2005

"The Bitch hit me with a TOASTER!"



Give up? How is THAT a quote from a Christmas movie, Mo?!?! Kids, go Netflix Scrooged...if you are still renting from a video store than head to Blockbuster and get this movie. This movie came out when I was 13, and is (like Home Alone) one of those movies that you can't help laughing at. I was 13, so really the only exposure to Bill Murray for me at that time was Ghostbusters (which is one of my favorite movies of all time). Murray is one of those classic comedians that I didn't really appreciate because he was at his best when I was too young. I have always been able to enjoy Scrooged though.

For those of you who haven't seen it, (shame) it's a modern take on "A Christmas Carol." Murray playing the Ebenezer Scrooge character, but renamed "Frank Cross." (**Maybe I just like movies with characters named Frank in it!) He's a television producer staging a live broadcast of "A Christmas Carol" and ends up living "the dream." Per usual, all of Murray's real life brothers are in the movie, as well as tons of other "stars of the day"...
Karen Allen (from Indiana Jones and Starman fame, Simka (Carol Kane) from taxi, the voice of Charlie's Angels-John Forsythe, and very notably...Bobby Goulet (before Will Ferrell made him famous!)

So, like the ridiculous commerical Frank Cross uses to promote his upcoming version of "A Christmas Carol" (an ad that shows psychopaths shooting drivers on the highway and acid rain burning the skin off pedestrians...so very Christmassy!) I'll just "warn you with the following tag line: "Watch ‘Scrooged.’ ... Your life just may depend on it."

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger BenSpark said...

Great movie. I love it.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger JoviFan said...

I agree that Murray was probably at his peak when we were too young to really appreciate him. However, I urge you and anybody who is interested in what I have to say (i.e. nobody), to see "Lost in Translation." I think that is a fantastic movie. Murray is amazing in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home