ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

11.16.2005

So little time...so much blogging!!

Alright people...I'm sorry I've been so lax!!

A.) The trivia topic was way too hard...so of my own volition (and the fact I scored a whopping 1 point yesterday!!) it has been changed to The 1980's. Just watch VH-1 for an hour and you'll score a ten:) There are some scary questions...mostly those that have to do with the 1986 World Series (shudder)...but other than that they are pretty harmless.

2.) Oh my God, Gilmore Girls!! First of all the reunion was not what I expected. I'm sorry but after months of torturing the faithful fans with Rory's bad acting and awful bangs (and now they are bringing Sookie in on the bang style...who is the stylist there?? Is it Sebastian Bach's old stylist from the 80's? Oh no, that totally makes sense...he is on the show!! Oh my God....WHY!!!??) they could have given us a little bit more. I was totally reminded of Kermit and Miss Piggy running toward eachother a la dream sequence in Muppets Take Manhattan. Seriously, Rory and Lorelai have been pretty much toxic toward each other since the last season. Is the make up supposed to happen that quick?? In a perfect world, I guess in the imaginary (yes I recognize it's imaginary) world of Stars Hollow it does. I just feel like the season is being rushed through-like the final season of Ed. Don't worry-I won't start on the fact that the series finale to that show was the most ungratifying conclusion to a television series ever. Alright, so that was a lie...here we go. You know, I know people think I'm nuts, I fully admit it. I love my TV...love it. It's one of those things I can count on about 95% of the time. I don't know a lot of people who don't love TV...watching the game, checking the news...everyone has a favorite show...I just have about a thousand of them. Believe it or not there are people out there who are worse than me...it's a fact. I just don't think that anyone can disagree that if you enjoy a show, and you invest your time in watching it that you should be made to feel like an idiot once it's over. This is no one night stand people...many of you have spent dozens of hours watching television that you enjoy...why should you be let down? As soon as rumors of cancellation start to loom...it's like the writers give up completely. Shouldn't that be the point when you pull out your best work...the stuff you've been saving for a rainy day? No, you pull out the cliche happy ending...Ed and Carol get married...Ross and Rachel end up together and Chandler and Monica have twins...Big's name is John and he saves Carrie from the mean Russian guy that no one likes...be original for crying out loud. Give me, and all the rest of the people who have enjoyed your work for so long and ending that means something. Even the Bible has a better ending, no one can top Jesus though, so I guess that's unfair. But this is your shot, so if the show can't be saved and you have to work on your resume at least you'll be noted for having some balls at the end of the day. Christ, I can't wait to see what they come up with for the ending of The Soprano's...(and if Adriana rises from the dead and walks off into the sunset with Christopher I know you're just plaigarizing the Bible...don't do that).

D.) My trip to Killington was successful. I had a great roommate, and the hotel was pretty nice. The traffic sucked on the way home though and I ended up being on the road for 5 hours rather than 3. Awesome. but all in all things went ok...and I don't have to travel again until the Thanksgiving Pilgrammage of 2005 next week...but I'll save that for another post. Also, I'm "guest blogging" on Drewbie's site this week whilst he's on the honeymoon. Check it out if you get a chance:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home