ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

11.13.2005

I should be sleeping...

This was a very busy weekend, and the next week will be no exception for Mo!!

First of all, Allison and Drew's wedding was phenominal. I had such a wonderful time, I felt so welcome by both of their families. From start to finish the event was nothing less than a class act. They added touches from different weddings they had attended together and it was definitley personal and memorable for the guests...this one anyway!! I have to admit that most of the time I was doing "recon" for Mary (Holy Mary mother of the bride) for my sister's nuptuals next summer. It's awful, I have to make sure I get "samples" of things like the invitations, napkins, programs...all the little wedding tchotchkies. I feel like an old lady stuffing things in my bag!! Everything at this wedding was perfect though, it was great to see old friends and spend time with them.

I got home and was exhausted, but Bobby and I went to the movies and saw "Good Night and Good Luck," the story of Edward R. Murrow and his investigations of Senator Joe McCarthy. It was great to go to a movie that I could think about afterward, not that I don't enjoy the cheesy chick flicks and movies that I usually go to with Pegs, but it was amazing to feel like a grown up. The movie was only an hour and a half long, when it ended I felt like it shouldn't be over. Everything was perfect; it's amazing to see how much television has changed, and how much it hasn't. With everything going on in the world right now, from the war, to natural disasters, to gas prices it was refreshing to see newsmen challenging the system to get the truth of the story out. As a girl who tended to get her "news" from Weekend Update on SNL, or by thumbing through People Magazine, I was amazed to find myself captivated by this film. The actors were all familiar faces, but amazingly enough, they weren't the real draw. It's one of those movies you don't mind paying the 9 bucks for, at least I didn't.

I should end now, I have to be up at 5 and leave by 6 for Killington. I'll remember my camera and hopefully get some good shots from the gondola ride.

Nuh nite, babies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home