ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

5.12.2008

Today in Aggravation...

spoilers

Let me just rant for a second. Thank you.

When I go to the movies, one of the best parts is seeing the previews...at least to me anyway. It still kind of is. However, in recent years the trend has been that the "preview" turns into a mini version of the movie. It's ridiculous. Why bother paying to see a movie in the theater if you've already seen in in the previews? With the price of gas and popcorn it's just not worth it.

Case in point...I've been doing everything possible to steer clear of previews and spoilers for Sex and the City, to be released at the end of the month. Now, a few years ago when I didn't have HBO, I managed to avoid how the SERIES ended by waiting a few months for the DVD's to be released. It took me less than two days to watch them, and I loved it. Now fast forward to the past two months and it's a whole new world when it comes to the movie spoilers. I already know two key plot points (and don't worry...I won't share them here)...because I saw one effing preview. COME ON!! I haven't watched Entertainment Tonight in weeks, forget People Magazine...it's just insane. In fact, a few weeks ago I went to see Leatherheads with George Clooney and my precious John Krasinski. Leatherheads which tanked...and you know why...because legitimately ALL of the funny parts were in the previews and the ads on tv. It was a pretty decent movie...but everyone had seen it before and were not about to be tricked into paying another 10 bucks to see it in it's entirety. Yeah, I got tricked...but for George and John...I'd do it again!

It's just annoying. It's just about the only movie I'm looking forward to seeing this summer...which is VERY odd behavior for me. Alright...I'll stop being a crybaby now...and seriously...if you try and add spoilers in the comments you will be banned and end up on "the list." You don't want that...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

You are absolutely right. Maybe the fact that each preview is like thirty minutes long is part of the problem. I mean, have you noticed how long each preview drones on? They have no choice but to put the entire movie in the preview. In fact, the only thing being left out of previews are the opening and closing credits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home