ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

1.21.2008

I "Supersized it!"



On Saturday I signed the lease on my new apartment! I cannot express how happy I will be when I take hold of my keys on Wednesday!! Mostly because I'll be out of that hotel! Also because I really think that I lucked out with the deal that I got. Because the 2 bedroom/2 bath was only 50 bones a month more than the 1 bedroom/1 bath and NO DECK...I went with the supersize upgrade. Most of you know I'm a pack rat-so the extra space will be handy. Plus, as soon as I told people of my new abode there was suddenly a lot of interest in coming to visit-so having the extra room will prove beneficial I think! I even got offers for subletting the second room...crazy!
This is a view of the pool...I'll share better pictures later. My building is actually the one you can barely see on the left.

The place is phenomenal, and I'm so glad to have found it. The best part is it's on the property of a golf course, and I get all the amenities including access to the 7 pools, movie theater, and such. My apartment is right near the club house, so it's just a hop, skip, and mosey to the pool. I'm on the second floor-which makes me happy. No one above me making noise. They are currently replacing the carpet in my place, so I'll be moving on Wednesday to a practically brand new apartment. Of course by "moving" I mean that I'll be bringing in my clothes and aerobed until arrangements are made to get my things from Maine. I miss my bed!! I called and set up the electric, and am waiting for the cable guy to call me back. I assume that he must be off considering the holiday. It will be nice to have cable again. The hotel gives me about 4 channels that are not news or sports related, so I'll be ready to catch up on things I've missed. I'm even considering going back to Netflix...and that way I won't need any movie channels. We'll see what happens. Right now the dvd player is in Maine, so I have a bit before I need to make any decisions. One of the best parts of the place is that there is a full size washer and dryer already in the unit. So much easier. I looked at one place that wanted to charge me a "deal" of $1030 a month for a unit MUCH smaller than this, no washer and dryer, $35 a month for garbage pick up, etc. etc. etc! No thanks! This place is on the next street, is much more "rural" and has WAY more amenities and I got it for a LOT less than that! I'm glad I took the time too. Now I can start looking for a condo or house to move in next year. Did I mention that my commute will now be 20 minutes...as opposed to the hour and a half it took me in Maine??


The only negative to this is the fees for pets. I was thinking of getting a dog or cat...but I just can't afford the extra rent and admin fees. I'll survive...I'm positive of that! I got to see my brother's gf's cat yesterday and it is adorable! I almost thought that I'd just say forget it and get one...then I set up the electric today and decided to just be reasonable!!
I definitely signed up for rental insurance today too. Considering the tornadoes that touched down in the area the other night, I think it's worth it!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Congrats, Reesie. I can't wait to see some pictures of your new dump!!!!!

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it;s far from a dump. I am very proud of you Reesie.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

Sounds Great Reesie! Can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home