ss_blog_claim=a557af335bd6b0ddb1fa8a0af3ef67a2


Google
 

5.15.2006

Who wants to go swimming??

For those of you who may have heard that York has been blanketed by water over the past few days in the rain storm, I thought I would let you all know that these are by no means "fibs." The picture above is taken from Short Sands Beach, where much of the village, including the infamous 'Goldenrod' are below about 2 feet of water. I have not heard any word on "The Blinkin' Cone" yet...but I will let you all know how she fared as soon as I can confirm word, good or bad. Field Ave has survived about 85%...the house took on very little water...nothing to write home about (and do not worry Fwiz...I moved all your paintings to higher ground...on top of some rubbermaid containers!). The yards on the bottom of the hill are basically standing water, which will be grand for all the mosquitos to come to life in the next few months! The brand new rock landscaping in our front yard, and around the block has washed away some...but it's better than the entire yard or street being washed away! These are some pictures of Cape Neddick (the bridge by the Lobster Pound which you can see in the first picture) after the storm. Once it's safer and I can get to more places, I'll go out and try and get some more. Speaking of which, I cannot take credit for these photos...they were on the website for the local NBC affiliate www.wcsh6.com . There is a slideshow there if you are interested in seeing more photos of the damage this rain has produced.


4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger JoviFan said...

Reesie, thanks for clarifying that you go the pictures online. I was all worried thinking about you risking your life to go get these pictures for your blog! I can't believe the flooding. I hope the fuckin' penny candy counter at the 'Rod is OK. I don't know what I'll do if I come up this summer and I can't get my hands on some wax vampire teeth!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger BenSpark said...

Mo, I heard that York county was having some rain this morning. I hadn't realized it sooner. Hope you are still keeping dry.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Juanita said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, Yuk! I hope you get some sunshine soon.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Surfwahine said...

Wow great pics! I was wondering how you all were fairing. thanks for the updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home